For couples who are planning to get married in Japan, one of the most important steps is to apply for a spouse visa. A spouse visa allows a foreign national to stay in Japan for an extended period of time with their partner and is necessary for anyone who wishes to live and work in the country. So how long does it take to get a spouse visa in Japan?
2. Process of Applying for a Spouse Visa in Japan
The process of applying for a spouse visa in Japan is relatively straightforward and can be completed online or by mail. First, you will need to fill out an application form which can be found on the Ministry of Justice website. This form will require information about yourself, your partner, and any other dependents you may have. Once this form has been filled out, you will need to submit it along with any required documents such as proof of financial stability, marriage certificate, and passport photos.
3. Documents Required for a Spouse Visa in Japan
In addition to the application form, there are several documents that must be submitted when applying for a spouse visa in Japan. These documents include:
• Proof of financial stability – This could include bank statements or other evidence that shows you have enough money to support yourself while living in Japan.
• Marriage certificate – This document proves that you are legally married according to Japanese law.
• Passport photos – You will need two passport-sized photos of yourself and your partner taken within the last six months.
• Proof of employment – If either applicant is currently employed, they will need to provide proof such as pay stubs or an employment contract.
• Proof of health insurance – Both applicants must provide proof that they have health insurance coverage while living in Japan.
4. Processing Times for a Spouse Visa in Japan
Once all the required documents have been submitted, it typically takes between two weeks and three months for the application to be processed and approved by the Japanese government. The exact processing time can vary depending on several factors such as whether or not there are any errors on the application or if additional documents are needed from either applicant before approval can be granted.
5. Factors That Affect The Processing Time For A Spouse Visa In Japan
There are several factors that can affect how long it takes for a spouse visa application to be processed by the Japanese government:
• Errors on the application – If there are errors on the application form or if any required documents are missing, this could delay the processing time significantly as these issues must first be corrected before approval can be granted.
• Background check – The Japanese government may conduct background checks on both applicants before granting approval which could add additional time onto the processing period if further investigation is needed into either individual’s past activities or history.
6 Tips To Speed Up The Application Process For A Spouse Visa In Japan
If you want to speed up the process of obtaining your spouse visa in Japan then here are some tips that may help:
• Ensure all paperwork is completed accurately – Double check all forms and make sure all information provided is accurate as this could save time if there are errors that need correcting before approval can be granted..
• Submit all required documents at once – Ensure all required documents have been gathered together before submitting them so that nothing is missing which could cause delays during processing..
• Check status regularly – Regularly checking on your application status with immigration authorities can help ensure things are progressing smoothly..
• Contact immigration authorities – If there appears to be delays with your application then contact immigration authorities directly as they may be able to provide assistance..
7 Cost Of Obtaining A Spouse Visa In Japan
The cost of obtaining a spouse visa in Japan varies depending on individual circumstances but typically ranges between ¥30 000-¥50 000 (approximately $300-$500 USD). This cost covers both applications fees as well as any additional costs associated with obtaining necessary documents such as marriage certificates or passports photos etc..
8 FAQs On Obtaining A Spouse Visa In Japan
Q: Does my partner need their own separate visa?
A: Yes, your partner will also need their own separate residence card/visa even if they do not plan on working while living in Japan..
Q: Are there any restrictions placed upon people who hold a spouse visa?
A: Yes, holders of a spouse visa cannot work without permission from immigration authorities nor can they engage in political activities while living in Japan..
Q: Is it possible to extend my stay beyond what my initial residence card allows?
A: Yes, it is possible but only after submitting an extension request at least 30 days prior to your current residence card expiring..
Q: How often do I need renew my residence card?
A: Your residence card needs renewing every three years unless otherwise stated by immigration authorities..
.Applying for a spouse visa in Japan requires patience but by understanding what documents are needed and following tips such as double-checking paperwork accuracy and contacting immigration authorities directly where necessary it should make getting approved much easier! Ultimately though how long it takes depends largely upon individual circumstances so please allow sufficient time when planning your move!
How do I get a Japanese visa for my wife?
As a spouse of a permanent resident you can apply for a companion visa if you receive a Certificate of Eligibility (CoE). 2. If you have a CoE in another category you can apply for the CoE for the appropriate visa. You must present your familys residence card (Zairyu Card) or proof of residence in Japan.
Can I bring my spouse to Japan?
Applying for a Dependent Visa in Japan To apply for a visa you will need the original copy of your spouses or childs Certificate of Eligibility. If your certificate is lost in the mail a copy of your certificate will help you apply for a replacement.
Can a spouse visa be denied in Japan?
This means that if both parties are not financially stable in their marriage they will be considered poor they will not be able to lead an independent married life as a married couple they will be unable to get a visa and they will become a public burden. Increase because there is an immigration checkpoint.
How long does it take to get a visa for a spouse?
Spouses and family members who are considered immediate relatives usually receive visas within 5-12 months of submitting the application. Those belonging to the family preference category face long waits as it can take months or even years to get a visa.
How much does a Japanese spouse visa cost?
Spouse of applicable visa application holder (yen) Total (yen) Eligibility certificate 50000100000 Change residence status 4000080000 Change residence status (from temporary visitor visa) 500005000 Other lines
How can I bring my girlfriend to Japan?
A letter from the person you are visiting explaining their relationship to you and other documents such as a copy of a passport photo. Calls from people you visit. It explains the reason for the visit and must be signed. Must have been issued within the last few months.