When it comes to fashion and personal style, few things are more important than finding the right fit. In Japan, waist size is a particularly important factor when it comes to clothing and other items of apparel. But what waist size is considered small in Japan? In this article, we’ll explore the average and ideal waist sizes for men and women in Japan, as well as how to measure your own waist size accurately.
2. Waist Size in Japan
In Japan, waist size is an important factor when it comes to finding clothing that fits properly. As such, many Japanese clothing brands feature sizing charts that list waist measurements in centimeters (cm). These measurements are based on body type and height, so they may vary from one brand to another. Generally speaking, however, Japanese sizes tend to be slightly smaller than their Western counterparts.
3. Factors Affecting Waist Size
There are several factors that can affect your waist size in Japan – or any other country for that matter. These include age, gender, height, weight and body shape. For example, taller people tend to have larger waists than shorter people; likewise, heavier people tend to have larger waists than lighter people. Additionally, men typically have larger waists than women due to their broader shoulders and chests.
4. Average Waist Sizes for Men and Women in Japan
The average waist size for men in Japan is typically between 75-80 cm (29-31 inches). For women in Japan, the average waist size is usually between 65-70 cm (25-27 inches). Of course these averages can vary depending on age group and other factors such as height or weight mentioned above.
5. Ideal Waist Sizes for Men and Women in Japan
The ideal waist size for men in Japan is generally considered to be between 70-75 cm (27-29 inches). For women in Japan the ideal waist size is usually between 60-65 cm (23-25 inches). However these numbers can also vary depending on individual body shape and type as well as personal preference or style choices.
6. How to Measure Your Waist Size Accurately
Measuring your own waist size accurately is quite simple – all you need is a tape measure! To do this correctly you should stand up straight with your feet together before wrapping the tape measure around your natural midsection (just above your hipbones) without pulling it too tightly or leaving too much slack – the tape should fit snugly but not be uncomfortable! Once you’ve done this simply read off the measurement from the tape measure and voila – you now know your exact waist size!
7 Tips for Reducing Your Waist Size
If you’d like to reduce your own waist size there are several steps you can take towards achieving this goal:
• Eat a balanced diet rich in fruits & vegetables: Eating healthy foods with lots of fiber will help keep you feeling full longer while also providing essential nutrients & vitamins that will help support overall health & wellness!
• Get plenty of sleep: Getting enough restful sleep each night will help keep energy levels up throughout the day which will make it easier for you to stay active & exercise regularly!
• Exercise regularly: Regular physical activity (such as cardio & strength training) will help burn excess calories & fat while also helping build lean muscle mass which can help reduce overall body fat & improve overall fitness levels!
• Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated throughout the day can help boost metabolism & energy levels which can make it easier for you to stay active & exercise regularly!
• Reduce stress levels: High stress levels can lead to increased cortisol production which can cause fat storage around the midsection so reducing stress through activities like yoga or meditation may be beneficial when trying to reduce overall body fat levels!
In conclusion, understanding what waist size is considered small in Japan is an important part of finding clothing that fits properly when shopping there or abroad! The average and ideal sizes for both men and women vary slightly depending on individual factors such as age or height but generally speaking they fall within certain ranges – approximately 75-80 cm (29-31 inches) for men & 65-70 cm (25-27 inches) for women being typical averages with 70-75 cm (27-29 inches) & 60-65 cm (23-25 inches) respectively being considered ideal sizes according to most standards! Lastly don’t forget that measuring yourself accurately using a tape measure will ensure you get an accurate measurement every time so don’t forget about this step either!
9 Sources & Further Reading
Tokoyama C., “What Waist Size Is Small In Japan?”,Japan Insiders,2020 https://www.japaninsidersguidebook/whatwaistsizeissmallinjapan/
Gillespie J., “How To Measure Your Waist Properly”,Healthline,2019 https://www.healthline/nutrition/howtomeasureyourwaistproperly/
What is Japanese waist size to us?
US sizes are usually five sizes larger. For example a US size 4 is a Japanese size 9. UK sizes are usually one size larger. For example UK size 8 Japan size 9.Jun 18 2021
What size is 32 waist in Japanese?
A size 32 in the US looks like a 70 in Japan. A 34 is a size 75 and 36 is a size 80 and so on. July 27 2015.
What is Japanese size S?
Mens Clothing (Japan Size) Chest (cm) Waist (cm) S82~9072~80M87~9579~87L92~10086~94
What is a US small in Japan?
The Japanese clothing search uses an alphabetical system (XS-XL) that is similar to US sizing but runs smaller. It also operates a system of comparable size in the country. For example a size 9 in these US/UK systems is equivalent to a relatively small size.
What is an American XS in Japan?
This means that the US XXS and the Japanese XS are roughly the same size around the bust and the US XS is closer to the Japanese S model while again the JP S is an inch smaller but still covers the woman.
Does Japan measure your waist?
In Japan men born with more serious medical problems and larger than acceptable kidney sizes — the strict 335 inches for men and 354 inches for women — must lose weight according to umbilical cord measurement laws (AP Photo/Jeff Lewis ).